Friday, September 2, 2011

Last Day

Hello McFaddin-Ward friends,

Today is my last day of interning at the museum. It is a very bittersweet day. I am sad to be leaving the museum and all the wonderful people I've met here. You have all taught me so much. But, I am also excited for the next stage in my life. I will be moving back "home" to my parent's house in Jakarta, Indonesia. (My father is a geologist for Exxon Mobil.) There I will be an assistant spa manager at Jamu Traditional Spa; a spa that my Aunt owns and operates. I will also have the chance to volunteer my time at an orphanage in the city, and hopefully, the art museum. I am very excited for this little adventure! I will be back either next summer or fall, ready to start graduate school. I plan to study either art business, art education, or museum studies.

I hope to be back in Beaumont and the McFaddin-Ward House soon, to see all you wonderful people soon! I had a blast working with you all! Thank you for having me.

Love,

Aelish

No comments:

Post a Comment